Adult Volunteer Information
The Archdiocesan Office for the Protection of Children and Youth is committed to protecting all of God’s children and providing a safe environment where children and young people can learn, thrive, and grow. The office oversees the training and background checks for all Archdiocesan clergy, employees, and volunteers. It also disseminates the Archdiocesan standards of behavior for individuals working with children and young people, provides safe environment training for children, young people and adults, and trains parish and school staff to monitor compliance with archdiocesan policies and the United States Catholic Conference of Bishops (USCCB) Charter for the Protection of Children and Young People. To be a volunteer at Saint Francis of Assisi Parish you must be in full compliance with the Archdiocesan guidelines.
Prior to Volunteering you must complete the following:
- Complete an eApps online criminal background check application before volunteering.
- Applicant cannot begin service until the background check approval has been received.
- Instructions for Volunteers
- Attend within 60 days of beginning service.
- One time 3-hour training for adults.
- All participants must pre-register online.
- Read and sign prior to beginning service.
- Signed acknowledgement form must be returned to the parish office.
- Complete form and submit to the parish office prior to beginning service.
- Copy of completed form kept on site in personnel file. Original mailed to DCFS by the parish.
- To be done annually. Application reviewed by DCFS for abuse and neglect offenses.
- Complete form and submit to parish office prior to beginning service.
- Form kept on site in personnel file.
If you have any questions about the above process please contact the parish office at (708) 460-0042 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.